Sunday, February 27, 2011

Indulgence For Today: 2011 Oscars

I was so excited about watching the 2011 Oscars that I have not slept. Once I had watched the arrivals I started searching the wonderful Internet for photos. I have been up all night working on this post, but there is so much happening this morning that I am not even tired. My lack of sleep might impair my judgement and possibly affect my grammar!! I hope you enjoy all the pretty pictures and I look forward to your comments.

Hope you have a Magical Monday XX

Jennifer Lawrence was the the first to arrive at the Oscars. She looked super hot in her red Calvin Kelvin dress even though her hair and make-up were kept very natural. Her dress was paired with very subtle jewellery.


Thank - you goodness Mila Kunis arrived fairly early because I could not handle the suspense! She certainly did not disappoint me in her lavender Elie Saab gown. She looked gorgeous as ever!!

    Natalie Portman was absolutely radiant in her violet silk chiffon draped Rodart gown
 and Jimmy Choo shoes.

          Halle Berry had a princess moment in this nude and crystal incrusted corset gown by Marchesa. I think she looked sensational!

Hillary Swank was extremely elegant in this sparkly gown with feather detail by Gucci.

     Hailee Steinfeld sketched her own pale ballet pink embroidered tulle dress and Marchesa made her dream a reality.

Calvin Klein designed Gwyneth Paltrow's super sleek silver gown and her jewels were designed by Louis Vuitton.

 Mandy Moore's beautiful gown was created by Monique Lhuillier.

This red gown by Vera Wang ensured that Sandra Bullock was one of the best dressed starlets. I wonder if Jesse James kicks himself on a daily basis?

Cate Blanchett wore a structured lilac chiffon gown with pearl details by Givenchy designer Riccardo Tisci.

It is hard to believe that Penelope Cruz recently gave birth to her first child. I think she looked as incredible as ever.

Michelle Williams definitely redeemed herself in this Chanel gown after her last red carpet mishap.

 Most glamorous couple award definitely has to go to hunky Matthew McConaughey and his girlfriend/mother of his children Camilla Alves. Her gown was created by Kaufman Franco.

Celine Dion looks incredible in her Giorgio Armani Prive gown. I can't belief how smoking hot her body is considering she only gave birth to her twins 4 months ago.

 Amy Adams wore a sequined gown by L'Wren Scott. Her exquisite diamond and emerald jewellery was valued at $1.35 Million. The sparkly gown does not allow one to notice how amazing the jewellery actually is.

As one one the hosts Anne Hathaway had a few wardrobe changes. She arrived in a red gown by Valentino and the black ruffle gown was by Vivienne Westwood. My favourite was the bustier dress below by Givenchy.

Scarlett Johansson was most probably the biggest surprise of the evening. I usually love her style and she is such a beautiful young lady, but I don't think this dress allows her to shine.

 Reese Witherspoon wore a classic black and white gown by Giorgio Armani and emerald earrings. Her hairstyle is a bit dated.

 My biggest disappointment of the the evening was Nicole Kidman's gown. I was expecting so much more from her, especially after the exquisite gown we saw her in at the 2011 Grammy Awards. She paired her Dior gown with a rare 19th Century necklace from Fred Leighton.

This tangerine Versace gown certainly shows off Jennifer Hudson's new waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment